Temporary Virtual Learning
Starting the 2021-2022 school year, a more formal Cyber option has been established. If you have an interest in our Cyber offering, please complete this form, and we will be in touch soon! Click here for access to the SCSD CyberLearning web page.
Should your child need to be absent for any duration of time due to COVID reasons, please reach out to the school immediately so that we can continue to meet your child's learning needs while they are out. They do not need to be enrolled in a separate virtual option. Below are some resources that may be helpful if your child is completing their classwork remotely.
For classwork/assessment questions: Your child's teacher(s)
For general questions: Contact your school office
For technical helpdesk support: Mr. Lance Mabus, firstname.lastname@example.org
Seamless and Consistent Learning Experience
Success in Online Learning
Keeping Parents in the Loop
Hopefully, these videos helped you get to know more about the Griffin Virtual Academy.
More Helpful Links & Videos
- How to view work assignments in different ways (Google Classroom)
- Checking for "Missing" work in Google Classroom
- Attaching a "lost" assignment back onto a Google Classroom Assignment
- Ensuring assignments are SAVED and ONLINE before clicking "Turn In"
- Unsubmitting an assignment to make edits
- Sending a "Private Comment" on an assignment - Direct emails to a teacher from the assignment
- Uploading a photo into Google Slides & Adding an image attachment to an assignment
- Checking and updating settings for GMail Notifications from Google Classroom
- JOIN-ing Google Classrooms
- How to log into student accounts from a non-district device (includes logging in as a student for parents of littles)
- Working through sound issues (image) or Troubleshooting Video
- How to bookmark and organize your bookmarks for quick access to websites
- Updates and Rebooting Chromebooks
- Finding apps in "Launcher" and Pinning Apps to "Shelf"
- Navigating Chromebook Settings
- Signing up for parent notifications in Google Classroom and Google Support Website
- Plus Portals for parents
If you still have questions or if you want to learn more information, please contact your school building office.
This document reviews the key details of the health and safety phased reopening plan the Sullivan County School District adopted in July 2020.
This letter shares information about the reopening of schools in 2020-2021 including the need to complete a survey for each child that attends the Sullivan County School District.